Bio Spear F A Q


It seems every time you watch the news or read a newspaper there is a story about microbes or infection or microbial mutation or the growing ineffectiveness of antibiotics. This is hardly surprising as infection is the No.1 cause of death worldwide and No.3 in the USA. 25 years ago 80% of infection was controlled by antibiotics; today less than 50% are controllable.

Superbug mutations caused by disinfectants, sterilants and chemicals are becoming more and more prevalent. Absenteeism costs the USA $50bn per year alone. Also little known facts like mold is more lethal than asbestos and is more common and also 80% of infections are spread by human touch. Bio-spear helps protect from this threat in a safe, non-toxic, environmentally friendly and cost effective way.

View Bio-spear as an added layer of protection that supplements your existing cleaning regime. When you clean with bleach or some other disinfectant it is only sanitizing while it is wet and there has to be a dwell time of at least ten minutes for it to be totally effective.

As soon as it is dry anyone touching that area infects it and it remains infected until it is cleaned again, meaning anyone can pick up and move that infection with potentially catastrophic results. By adding Bio-spear you are giving round the clock protection preventing infection and spread of microbes between cleanings. It also protects if an area is missed during your normal cleaning cycle.

Bio-Spear works inexactly the same way on fabrics as it does on hard surfaces – and if anything it is even better, as the bonding is stronger on fabrics. You can introduce Bio-Spear in the rinse cycle of Washing machines or just use a bucket and immerse your clean clothes into the solution for a few minutes then leave to dry. Tests have shown that protection can last for over 99 washes.

The active ingredient forms a colorless, odorless, positively charged polymer that chemically bonds to the treated surface. You could think of it as a layer of electrically charged swords.

When a microorganism comes in contact with the treated surface, the quaternary amine “sword” punctures the cell membrane and the electrical charge “shocks” the cell. Since nothing is transferred to the now dead cell, the antimicrobial doesn’t lose strength and the “sword” is ready for the next cell to contact it.

No. it does not volatilize, dissipate, or leach onto other surfaces. Its chemistry polymerizes where it is applied and forms a permanent bond that essentially lasts the life of the treated surface. Normal cleaning will not remove the treatment, although it can be eventually abraded away.

Since the cured antimicrobial is non-volatile, insoluble, and non-leaching, in theory the treatment should last for the life of the treated surface. In practice, the life of a treatment depends on a number of factors, not the least of which is the cleanliness of the surface. Abrasive or caustic cleaners (pH > 11.5) can also shorten effective life.

Yes – it can be used on all surfaces, both porous and non-porous. This is a tremendous advantage over disinfectants, which by federal law are only approved for hard, non-porous surfaces.

The water based product can be applied by trigger sprayer, pump up sprayer, backpack sprayer and fogging equipment.

Most commercial antimicrobials used are capable of providing a quick inhibition of bacteria and fungi (although some have a limited spectrum of effectiveness). Conventional products penetrate living cells and kill by way of poisoning the organism. They are designed to act quickly and dissipate quickly to avoid adverse effects to humans and animals due to their toxic ingredients.

Our coating takes a totally different approach. Like conventional antimicrobials it provides an effective initial microbial kill when it is applied, BUT, unlike the others, it also provides long-term control of growth on treated surfaces by creating a modified surface to make them antimicrobial.

Because of its unique chemistry, it provides long-term protection against re-growth and future contamination on treated surfaces. Porous surfaces, which are contaminated below the surface, will occasionally experience some growth that breaks through a treated surface.

For best results, surfaces should be cleaned or scoured.

The unique properties permit near permanent bonding to any surface to which it is applied. Furthermore, this product will not give off any gases, leach onto other surfaces, or loose its strength over time. As long as the surface is kept clean with normal cleaning procedures, the surface will continue to fight any microbial growth.

It is effective against most common bacteria, yeasts, molds and fungi that cause stains, odors and product degradation.

No. The product provides continuous antimicrobial protection that protects the surfaces. However, normal cleaning practices should be maintained.

It begins to work as soon as the microorganism comes into contact with the protected surface. Under right conditions, microbes on an untreated surface can double every 20 minutes!

Extensive testing and a long use history have shown it to be safe. While it is impossible to say that no one will every experience an allergic reaction to anything, it is highly unlikely a negative experience would be observed.

As with all chemical applications, wearing gloves and protective eyewear are a necessity. Follow all label directions.

Yes

Unopened 2-years, once opened 1-year.

Bio Spear F A Q

Bio Spear F A Q For more information and answers to your questions please email us or visit our international website at www.nanoshieldsolutions.com

The best way to a germ free world with the latest cleaning Technology. Visit the Bio-Spear shop now.